Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Are things getting done?

Between applying for grad school, working and trying to maintain my own selfish goals- I find myself applying to FSU instead of going to UNC for my prereqs. Headaches. I can't wait until all this paper work is completed and my transcripts have been sent. The reason as to why switch to FSU is simple, its literally 15 minutes away from my house and I can maintain my work schedule. The parking pass for UNC alone is $500. Forget that. I'm super excited about life today. The past few days I've been running on steam and hence developed a terrible mood. However, today life is great. Life is waiting for the perfect moment to let the the sweetness unfold. I saw a quote the other day that I could appreciate: If a thought is not worth bringing up in 5 seconds, don't mention it. To me, this pertains to how our society values our social networking voice and how in essence we are dumbing down ourselves by paying particular attention to useless trivialities. It makes sense. I've been on Facebook before they opened their doors to the rest of the world, and the change in focus/paradigm as to how and why people use FB has changed dramatically. I'm not going to spill my future thesis here, but I've noticed that I'd be happier if we switched back! My friends don't call me anymore. My friends don't invite me to parties personally, it's always a facebook invite on an event page or a text message. I don't like the way the future of social interaction is shaping up. Hopefully I'll be dead before it gets worst. That is the positive note. Now , let me see if I can upload some iphone photos for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment